What is this all about? It’s about supporting and enhancing the strengths of retail – service, competence and consulting – by using digital channels. The way how customers get information has changed. Through the internet, he can obtain product information, compare products, load product fact sheets, conduct price comparisons, read product ratings and recommendations and much more in advance.
That means, the customers is already very well informed, partly better than the salesperson. Therefore, brick-and-mortar retailers should invest a lot of energy in training and qualifying their employees to be able keep the on-site retail’s advantage high and to increase it. Both the entrepreneur as well as the salesforce should be aware of this.
So, what are the issues that apply to us? It is of high importance to combine the benefits of the digital world with the stationary reality. However, not always are the big and expensive issues the ones that have an effect. The solution to successful customer loyalty is meeting the customer on his journey (so-called customer journey), to gain him there and have a positive influence. That means, exactly where and when he gets information and makes a decision – no matter which channel. This can happen in very different channels:
- newsletters that the customer has signed up for (e.g. for which he gets a 5€ voucher)
- shopping worlds – e.g. the customer can access new products early
- present new trends and products on your own blog or pin board
- cross-channel – reserve or purchase products online to be picked up, tried on and returned later at the store (increase of customer frequency)
- shelf extension – with the help of a tablet computer, the salesperson can consult his customers even more competently and present products that are not in stock at the store. Then, the customer can have these products delivered home easily. Taking a short look at the customer’s purchase history can be worthwhile – that can make the consultation very individual.
- after sales – accessories, spare and wear parts as well as consumables can be offered fittingly for each product and each customer and his order history
- Campaign marketing of OLD for NEW (through a special landing page)
- Sale activities marketed over social media
- Newsletter appealing to the target group and lots more
- Option to consult customers via chat system
- Use of high-quality product data (images, copy text)
- Campaign communications on sales slips
- Digital mattress consultant and lots more
STAR COOPERATION’s e-commerce team offers the entire process and added value chain of digital retail/business. Our Everywhere Commerce concept stands for a comprehensive approach to face the current market requirements professionally.
With our large treasure trove of experience from big multi-channel projects for well-known customers and a multitude of requirements, we can always act with the right solution.